martedì 21 giugno 2011

My Best Holiday: WOK



on Farfecth.com

'One of my favourite trips was definitely going to Shanghai back in 2008. I went to visit a friend who had recently moved there.
I like Asia and its contradictions…walking the streets of Shanghai you will always find all sorts of different people; like the affluent white collar workers mixing in amongst people doing shopping in their pyjamas!
The city is an international and multicultural megalopolis in itself, and there I was able to meet people from all over the world.
My friend Marta showed me the art district, Moganshan Lu, it’s a maze of art galleries and creative spaces where Chinese artists express their love and dissent for their country.

And the shopping? It’s a market which needs to develop…Europe is still better!'

Anyone else got some Shanghai advice or stories they want to share? Tell us in the comments box below.

(see more pictures on farfetch)